Spring Veg Broth With Chicken
Broth isn't just for winter, this spring version with plenty of greens and meaty chicken breast a is perfect immune boosting meal to enjoy through the change of seasons. Top with crunchy Parmesan toasts for added crunch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, skin on
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 slice sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 large handfuls spring greens, finely sliced
- 4 asparagus spears, trimmed, halved and cut into chunky pieces
- 40g fresh or frozen peas
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a pan, brown the chicken, then remove. Bring the stock to the boil in the same pan, add the chicken and cook for 5 mins. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave to stand for 30 mins.
- Put the bread cubes on a baking tray. Drizzle with the remaining oil, some salt and the Parmesan. Bake for 6 mins until crunchy and golden. Remove and scrape off the tray onto a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and slice it. Bring the stock to the boil again and add the greens, asparagus and peas. Cook for 1 min, then add the beans and chicken. Heat everything through, then pour into bowls and top with the Parmesan toast to serve.