Healthy Herb Sauce
Healthy Herb Sauce instantly turns just about anything into a wow dish, it tastes great on anything and everything!
It’s loaded with antioxidants, phytonutrients, minerals, healthy fats, and even fiber so you
Use Healthy Herb Sauce as a dip, spread or drizzle it over roasted meat or fish. Toss roasted veggies or potatoes in it, or mix it with spaghetti squash noodles, rice noodles, or any other noodle you can think of. It’s the one sauce that does it all. It also freezes well, so make a double batch for an easy meal later on.
You can gently cook the garlic to infuse it in the oil, which prevents the overpowering taste of raw garlic that can stay with you for days. If you love the punch of raw garlic, skip cooking it and throw it in the food processor raw.
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed open, skins removed
- 50g fresh basil
- 15g fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 spring onion bulb, chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Sea salt & black pepper to season
- Gently heat the oil in a small pan with the garlic cloves to infuse the oil with flavour and gently cook the garlic (it should not brown). Do not boil or overheat the oil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place all the remaining ingredients and the cooled cooked garlic in a food processor and pulse 8 to 10 times until well chopped. Scrape down the sides, then turn the food processor on and drizzle in the oil.
- Blend until saucy. You can also do this in a blender, just be careful not to over-puree—it’s nice with a little bit of texture left.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. This sauce also freezes well.