Carrot & Orange Juice
Fresh carrots & oranges are blended and juiced to make this vibrant, immune boosting drink. You don’t need a juicer to make juices! You can make them with a blender and a fine sieve which is what I use when making juices.
This drink is perfect for change of seasons or in winter when our bodies need a boost.
Fresh homemade juice beats shop bought every time and are so much more cost-effective using ingredients we usually have at home.
When you have finished making your juice you will be left with the pulp but do not throw this out! Use it in a smoothie or soup, you can freeze the pulp if you don’t need to use it straight away.
- 7 oranges
- 4 carrots
- Cut the oranges in half and juice then pour into your blender/juicer.
- Cut the ends of your carrots and roughly chop and add to the blender/juicer.
- If you are using a juicer, turn on and use according to instructions.
- If you are using a blender, blend on high for about a minute. Then place sieve over a bowl/pyrex jug. Pour it in batches and then squeeze through the sieve.
- Pour into glasses and drink straight away, or place in the fridge for up to a day!
Don't throw the pulp away! Use it in a smoothie, soup or stew, you can also freeze it to use at a later date.
You can also add ginger to make it a warming boost.