Brown Rice Stir Fry With Omelette
This delicious meal is full of flavour, crunch and super immune boosting ingredients, quick and easy to make leaving you satisfied and nourished.
- 200g brown basmati rice
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced lengthways
- 150g pack shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced into sticks
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 1 min. Tip in the veg and stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs with the coriander and seasoning. Heat a small non-stick frying pan with the remaining oil. Add the egg, stir once, then allow to cook over a gentle heat until almost set. Flip (using a plate if necessary) and cook on the other side until cooked through. Tip onto a board and cut into strips.
- Add the drained cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and chilli jam to the veg, mixing to heat through. Divide into bowls and top with the omelette strips, a few coriander leaves and sesame seeds.