Beef & Orange Stir Fry
A light and speedy Asian-inspired supper of lean rump steak with broccoli, peppers, chillies and a citrus soy sauce, quick, easy and delicious!
- 200g purple sprouting or Tenderstem broccoli
- 4 tsp groundnut oil
- 400g rump steak, trimmed of any excess fat and cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- 4 spring onions, halved and sliced lengthways
- 2 oranges, 1 juiced and 1 cut into segments
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- steamed rice or noodles, to serve
- Steam or boil the broccoli for 3-4 mins until tender. Drain and run under cold water.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a non-stick wok or large frying pan and toss the beef strips in cornflour. When the oil is hot, fry the beef for 1-2 mins to brown, then put to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then toss in the peppers and fry for 2 mins. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli and 3 spring onions, and cook for 1 min more, taking care not to burn the garlic. Add the orange juice, honey, rice vinegar and soy, and bubble down briefly before stirring in the broccoli, beef and orange segments. Heat through, then sprinkle with the remaining chopped spring onion. Serve with rice or noodles.