Self-Sabotage Almost Cost me Everything
We all have times in our life when things don’t go to plan. It knocks our confidence and holds us back, but sometimes it can have other damaging effects on our future self!
I experienced this almost two and a half years ago, it was part of the fallout from my relationship break down and circumstances surrounding it.
I thought I’d never be able to fix my broken life but more importantly how was I going to fix my broken self?
Not long after the breakup, I started to blame myself for everything. I hadn’t been good enough! The worst part is I believed that negative self-talk, I believed I was no longer good enough and a failure at everything.
It was so bad I stopped working on my businesses completely which meant I stopped making a living – which just convinced me more that I was an utter failure. I stopped caring for my home, my farm and myself.
You know what I'm talking about. It's the feeling that creeps up on you when you need your confidence the most. That relentless voice that tells you, you're not good enough, smart enough, fast enough, strong enough, beautiful enough.
If you don't BELIEVE you are worthy of achieving your God-sized dreams, you physically and mentally cannot do the work necessary to achieve them.
There was a lot I wanted to achieve but I couldn’t do it with the mindset I had, things had to change!
Self-worth has to be cultivated from within! But how????
I got a mentor that helped me get my priorities in order and re-organise my life. I started learning new skills and developing myself – this helped my confidence massively. I took action every single day! And I joined a community of likeminded people that not only offered support but held me accountable keeping my mindset strong and building up my confidence.
Once you make the decision and implement strategies into your daily life self-doubt becomes so much easier to control. Now, as soon as a limiting thought pops in my head I know exactly how to handle it and get on with my life. (I do still get them, sometimes daily!)
Here are 6 things you can start doing RIGHT NOW to increase your self-worth.
1. Remember that you were put here on this earth for a purpose and NO ONE can take that away from you.
2. STOP giving a damn about what anybody else thinks about you! At the end of your life, the haters will be nowhere to be found and the only person held accountable will be YOU.
3. START keeping the promises you make to yourself. Start small with just getting out of bed on time and then gradually increase to bigger promises.
4. Give yourself grace. Failure and setbacks are part of life! When you fail (and you WILL fail) treat yourself like you would your best friend or the love of your life. Be kind, acknowledge your missteps, and encourage yourself to KEEP GOING!
5. TAKE ACTION. You'll never know how much you can achieve sitting on the sideline. Start taking small steps, even baby steps towards your goals, and acknowledge them each step of the way.
6. Stop COMPARING yourself to others! People only show you what they WANT you to see. You have no idea what their life is like behind the curtain. It's all a facade and you've got REAL work to do in your own life!
STOP holding yourself hostage! Your potential can literally be a prisoner held hostage by your own mind, thoughts, and beliefs.